Monday, April 16, 2012

Not rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail...

So this weekend I learned that Spring in Granada is just as temperamental as Spring is in NJ!

I went with my program this weekend to two coastal towns (Almuñecar and Nerja) and a mountain region (Alpujarras).  We were hoping to have a lovely day on the beach,  but no such luck.  It was raining as we left Granada Saturday morning, and it basically continued to rain all day long.  We still managed to have a fun day, though!  We visited an old castle in Almuñecar and got a beautiful (cloudy) view of the Mediterranean Sea.  In Nerja, we visited some very cool caves and got more lovely, rainy views of the sea!

Rainbow on the way to Almuñecar
Castle!
Unfriendly clouds
Inside the cave at Nerja
Coast of Nerja

After some rainy free time in Nerja, we went back to Almuñecar and checked into our hotel.  It was really nice and super close to the beach, but sadly it was still raining.  Lame.

I did get to take a walk through the town with our trip directors and several other girls and we got to go on the beach.  It seemed nice--too bad we didn't get to tan on it!

Angry Almuñecar Sea

On Sunday we packed up early and headed up the mountains to Alpujarras!  While we were in the mountains, we visited two little towns with great views.  We also got to experience a little sun!  But soon the sun left and it started to SNOW!  More snow fell than I've seen since winter 2011... crazy!

View from the hotel room

Alpujarras!

Drink from this fountain and you will find a boyfriend or girlfriend!



So now I am home again and ready to face my last 5-day week of class!  After this week, we won't have any more classes on Friday, which is excellent.  Crazy to think that things are slowly but surely coming to an end... I have SUCH mixed feelings about wanting to come home and wanting to stay here.  As I write this, I wouldn't mind going home soon since it's about 50 degrees here and practically 80 in NJ!  I could also really used some fantastic peanutbutter cookies that my mom sent me once in college... 39 more days!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the 50 degree weather while you have it. Summer heat comes all too quickly...

    ReplyDelete